The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatments are rising and gaining popularity due to the holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Creating a strong immune system is critical for that body to acknowledge and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is really a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Background of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom widely used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil Softgel meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi meaning “herb from the spirit”. It was a really rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time as well as Emperors in the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and longevity. More than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has been the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated as one of the superior herbs inside the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential being a nutritional supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms like Cistanche Extract and Cordyceps have well been documented in numerous recent scientific studies to get potent medicine to enhance and secure the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them like polysaccharides which raise the activity in the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) that are vital to remove foreign cells(including cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published within the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as being a nutritional supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own defense mechanisms by promoting the activity of antibodies
* enhances the body’s effectiveness against stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Suggestions to pick the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it has the highest quality extract and has most scientific evaluations
* choose individuals with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and better absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the strength of Reishi Spore Powder lies in its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, like extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.